Juniper’s Contrail Service Orchestration now manages the full enterprise branch, campus and cloud SD-WAN, now adding branch security, LAN and Mist Learning WLAN, all configured from the cloud. Juniper Networks announced a cloud-delivered version of its SD-WAN solution. Juniper Contrail Service Orchestration now gives enterprises an easy way to manage and secure not only the WAN infrastructure, but also branch LAN and Wi-Fi networks typically deployed alongside it.
Cloud-delivered SDN and secure SD-WAN as a Service
With Juniper’s SD-WAN as a service, the company sets the stage for the next step in the multicloud evolution, allowing customers to connect distributed infrastructure and orchestrate operations centrally. This scalable, open and future-ready solution offers customers a cloud-delivered service with software-defined networking and security.
Figure: SD-WAN as a Service Using Cloud-Managed Contrail Service Orchestration
In a blog, CTO Bikash Koley added that the newly announced SD-WAN as a Service 'allows enterprises from small to large to easily deploy and operate the industry's most scalable SD-Branch solution'. The solution scales from 1 to 10,000 devices across branch, campus and cloud-based endpoints to grow with business needs.
The Juniper Networks SD-WAN as a Service offers:
- Simplified operations and converging multiple services onto a single platform.
- Automating your overlay and underlay, wired and wireless, networks.
- Applying consistent WAN routing and security policies to all your branches, campuses, data centers, and clouds.
The Juniper cloud-based SD-WAN solution helps enterprises to pair the simplicity of a cloud-delivered model with central orchestration of network infrastructure, delivering advanced benefits of automated networking, security, analytics and AI for IT™.
“Juniper’s SD-WAN as a service easily connects and manages the full suite of Juniper’s branch and WAN solutions, making the benefits of SDN accessible to any enterprise,” said Manoj Leelanivas, Chief Product Officer at Juniper Networks. “This is a significant step in enabling our customers’ journey to AI for IT, extending the SDN transformation beyond cloud and data centers to the branch and the WAN. With this launch, combined with our recent Mist Systems acquisition, we are making industry-leading strides in our bid to make SDN and AI for IT a reality for companies of all sizes.”
The solution provides customers a new delivery model for Juniper’s WAN solution and includes a suite of new capabilities to support secure automation throughout the enterprise branch service deployment lifecycle:
- SD-WAN flexibility: Juniper’s SD-WAN now supports more variations of passive redundant hybrid WAN links, internet breakout at the WAN edge CPE or centralized WAN hubs and topologies such as hub and spoke, partial mesh and dynamic full mesh. It has also been tested by third-party EANTC at scales above 10,000 spoke sites and is highly multi-tenant, allowing for unprecedented scale.
- Centrally managed branch LAN and WAN: Connecting Juniper’s EX Series Ethernet switches to a single or dual WAN gateway of NFX or SRX Series devices allows customers to centrally automate the WAN and LAN policy and provisioning for secure connectivity.
- Managed security: Customers now have more choices and control in managing security needs, including integration with cloud security provider ZScaler and management of the next-gen firewall features of the SRX or NFX devices, including Juniper Sky ATP.
- Open and adaptable solution: A flexible solution that can help enterprises quickly adapt and evolve, Juniper’s SD-WAN enables customers to extend a secure SD-WAN to hubs and spokes in the cloud by simply adding a vSRX into a public cloud IaaS of choice. Additionally, Juniper’s open standards-based architecture and open APIs allow for seamless systems integration and NetOps workflow automation. Juniper Financial Services offering: The acquisition of Juniper solutions for the enterprise is now easier through a variety of payment plans offered by Juniper Financial Services (JFS) at favorable terms to qualified customers.
- Juniper Financial Services offering: The acquisition of Juniper solutions for the enterprise is now easier through a variety of payment plans offered by Juniper Financial Services (JFS) at favorable terms to qualified customers. JFS provides financial simplicity with a single payment plan that covers bundled solutions, including Juniper’s Contrail Service Orchestration as well as campus and branch hardware and software such as the Mist WLAN solution. JFS provides financial simplicity with a single payment plan that covers bundled solutions, including Juniper’s Contrail Service Orchestration as well as campus and branch hardware and software such as the Mist WLAN solution.
Mist system integration enables visibility of operational and analytics data
Mist Systems is now also integrated in the SD-WAN management interface of Juniper Networks. Customers can see operational and analytics data about the Wi-Fi alongside WAN, LAN and security.
Global Managed SD-WAN and SD-WAN as a Service
Empower your network with an agile, reliable, and application-aware SD-WAN. Learn how to decide whether to control SD-WAN yourself, or having SD-WAN as a Service from Jan-Willem's expert blog on 'Managed SD-WAN: buy or DiY?'.
8 April 2019