Fortinet announced the acquisition of CyberSponse, Inc., a provider of Security Orchestration, Automation & Response (SOAR).
CyberSponse, already a Fortinet Security Fabric partner, will further extend the automation and incident response capabilities of FortiAnalyzer, FortiSIEM and FortiGate, for example, and further simplify security operations.
"With the integration of CyberSponse’s powerful SOAR platform into the Fortinet Security Fabric, we will offer customers accelerated incident response and the ability to standardize and scale processes that will enhance security posture and reduce business risk and associated costs", said Fortinet Founder and CEO Ken Xie.
The broad attack surface, accelerating threat landscape and proliferation of security products makes it difficult for the CISO & SOC teams to keep up with the required investigation of and response to security-related alerts; especially given the shortage of cyber security skills in the industry. The newly combined offering with CyberSponse 'will further extend the automation capabilities offered by Fortinet’s FortiAnalyzer, FortiSIEM and FortiGate solutions and simplify security operations', writes Fortinet in a statement.
The combination of Fortinet and CyberSponse will provide organizations a solution that:
- Enterprise-grade scalable architecture with the distributed multi-tenancy that augments streamlined SOC operations and enables MSSPs to deliver security services with ease.
- Over 275 connectors to easily integrate with all major security vendors and technologies and offers a single, centralized point of visibility and control.
- More than 200 out-of-the-box easy-to-configure playbooks to automate incident response action sequence and routine tasks.
- Advanced case management modules with incident timeline and asset correlation views, plus an automated ROI or savings measurement tool.
- Ensuring granular role-based access control to secure user-related data.
Get to know the CyberSponse SOAR platform by watching this video:
Your dedicated Fortinet experts
Infradata is an award-winning Fortinet Partner with advanced specialties, and the distinction of multiple certified engineers on staff. Our engineers are recognized by Fortinet as technical experts and advocates of Fortinet solutions. That means you can count on Infradata for the technical know-how and hands-on experience to accurately assess your business requirements, and design, implement, and manage a Fortinet-based solution to suit your needs.
13 December 2019